About Native Ministries
Our vision is to see students transformed, campuses renewed, and world changers developed.
Native InterVarsity Four Corners is passionately committed to inviting Native and Indigenous peoples of every tribe and nation in every college in the Four Corner region to explore this opportunity by:
- pursuing culturally-sensitive group dynamics, and promoting Native ways of knowing, understanding and applying sacred knowledge to our lives.
- worshiping in lecture halls and dorms, but also on the tops of mountains and by the seas — prophetically declaring God’s love and healing power for all people.
- singing songs in Hawaiian, Tongan, Navajo, Wyandotte, Kiowa, Yupik, and other languages.
- praying in Native languages and styles — incorporating Native American and indigenous prayer practices.
- spending time with Scripture — incorporating Native storytelling styles as we study the Bible.
Today's Native College Students Are Tomorrow's Tribal Leaders
Only about 2% of Native American high school students attend college. Less than 20% of those graduate. The ones that do are positioned to be the future political, spiritual, and business leaders in their communities.
Most of them attend school on tribal scholarships, and often return back to the reservation after they graduate, to work in tribal government or activism.
Very few campus ministries make any effort at all to reach the Native American students on college campuses. The vast majority of tribal schools have no Christian witness of any kind.